Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Eek! I'm Boarding a Plane in Less Than 24 Hours!!

Five Adjectives to Describe Me Right Now:
     Excited
     Apprehensive
     Impatient
     Restless
     Exhilarated

Let me just say: thinking you've lost your passport does NOT help the transition into a semester abroad.  For a horrifying ten minutes today, I believed I'd done just that.  Luckily, I realized that in an attempt to outwit my pre-departure scatter-brained self I placed my passport right where it should be.  Unfortunately, it was a week too early for that, which means I forgot that and thus tore my room apart for a heart-wrenching ten minutes until this dawned me.  What a spectacular failure!

Beyond that, I keep tapping my toes, counting down the seconds until I board a plane and running through checklists to make sure nothing is forgotten.  It is strange to think that at that this time tomorrow I'll be in an entirely different country on another continent.  I know, I know: obvious statement, but sometimes such things are mind-boggling.  This semester I'll befriend new people and have so many new experiences, none of which I can properly imagine in their entirety.  Weird, no?  At any rate, there isn't much more to blog about right now than my nerves and anticipation so I'll leave you with that. 

1 comment: