Monday, September 20, 2010

Hyde Park Closes??

This is probably one of my more...erm...blonde moments.  I decided last night after chowing down at Gourmet Burger kitchen (no worries, I'm still vegetarian! I had a veggie burger) to walk off the heavy meal in Hyde Park since it was so close.  I wandered around for an hour or so, getting lost once or twice but overall knowing where I was.  Then, when I finally made it back to the front...the gate was chained and locked!!

Did I mention the gate was about 15 feet high with spiked iron tips on the top? Yeah, try to imagine climbing that...Needless to say, I looked for another exit out. After walking for about twenty minutes, I finally got to a lower part of the fence (10 feet) but with brick wall base fro five feet then turning into that scary iron fence. I climbed up the brick wall, scaled the fence and half lowered/half jumped down.  A passing police car flicked his lights at me, but other than that NO ONE REACTED! I had just climbed out of Hyde Park into a very busy street and no one blinked! Got to hand it to the Brits, they have mastered the poker face...

No comments:

Post a Comment